CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

05 May 2010

Eight Years Later & A BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!

Last week was a very busy week. It seemed like the days were gone before they even started.
Monday April 26 was David and my 8th anniversary and it seems like we have known each other for ever and yet it seems like we were just married.

Eight years have gone by so quickly. Since the time that we have been married we have had the two little kiddies who are becoming not so little.
We have moved 12 different times and we are almost ready to beat the Legend of Zelda on the wii, all we need to get to start the last level are few more heart containers and 10 poes, my life is about complete!!

MONDAY, APRIL 26, 2010

David was leaving for work early and staying late as well as having to get his homework done that night so he could spend the afternoon with us on Connors birthday so the celebrations were very minimal the kids and I met him at the Olive Garden for a dinner. i got the soup with my dinner and filled up on Zuppa Toscana before my food even arrived. It was a fun. David did buy me some Roses which I love, they are just about ready to kill over but they were so beautiful!

I love getting presents!

That night while David was doing his homework, I never can seem to leave him alone, I asked him if he ever even imagined that this would be our life after eight years. He said, "no I thought we'd be living in a house out in Lakeside or Ramona and i'd be working everyday as an electrician." He asked what I had thought and I said, "the same but I think our life is better the way it is rather than the way it could have been." it has been hard sometimes and I think of where we started to where we are now and I think we have made good choices and learned a little about life and family.

We started out just the two of us and now this is our life!

Four pairs of shoes in the doorway!

Year nine, BRING IT!
(I really should have moved that nasty rug)

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28, 2010

So now we have come to the Boy's 7th birthday.
He wanted blueberry pancakes and orange juice for his birthday breakfast and when he came out to eat breakfast there was a little gift from me and David and Casey's present

Connor: What? Why did I get a Bow for my birthday?
Casey: HA HA Sponge Bob is so silly!


Connor: OHHH! That was just for decoration! Here is the present attached to the bow!
Casey: Happy birthday Connor, HA HA Sponge Bob is so silly!
Casey got him the book How to Train your Dragon cause we luved the movie and Transformer walkie talkies. He got ET, a bag of sour patch kids and some Pokemon cards for his breakfast gift.

We barely made it to the bus and that morning we were at the end of the line and half the kids were already on the bus but we made it and Bobo was very happy to be 7, finally!

We still had soccer that afternoon and he was NOT happy I made him take this birthday picture at soccer he wanted to just go and play! But it's his birthday!

After soccer he wanted KFC for dinner so we went there for dinner. What can I say David and I got ouchies in our tummies but it was what Connor wanted and I am clearly an enabler and can not say no!
No pics of KFC sorry!

We got home and the kids jumped on the wii and played Super Mario until it was time for cupcakes and ice cream. He wanted me to make the "Big" mushroom from Mario for his birthday cake and I could not figure out how to do that and so he said well make the "small" mushroom then or the "Gumba". I said OKAY! I finally decided he would have big and small cupcakes that would be frosted as the mushrooms they were very depressing but Connor liked them, "even though they weren't what he was thinking of" he told me.

He is so cute but those cupcakes were so not! and I had to use so much food coloring to get the red frosting red and the blue frosting blue that the frosting was terrible.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNOR!" here are your nasty cupcakes! we all ate one mini gagged a little and moved on to the ice cream!

Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, thank goodness something tasted normal! He loves this ice cream and especially the single serve cup size so obviously that is what he got!

he also opened his big gift and was so glad it was Legos!

Mad faces I don't know why but they had to get a mad face picture.

We are so glad this boy is ours! but I was so glad that bed time did come and after singing happy birthday for the hundredth time while he was lying in bed with the lights off and Shel Silverstein reading his poems in the background the day was over and I was the happiest mommy in the world!

Why do they have to grow up so fast?

He did have a very small friend party that Saturday. I tore a page out of Lisa's book and we took his two friends from church to the movies and then had pizza afterward here at the apartment. It was a fun day but I think I liked the movie more than the kids did, we saw Furry Vengeance and I laughed the whole time. I love Brendan Frasier!

I left the decorations up (which looked like a 5th grade dance) until the next Monday Morning and tearing down the decorations is about as much fun as having them up!


Before school the kids were jumping off the couches the table and chairs to pull down all the crepe paper, and we made tons of noise that morning that I hope woke up the boys who live above us!!

Thank You, Thank You of course to the Grandma and Grandpas who sent gifts and to all his Aunties and Uncles who called to wish him a happy happy birthday!

And thus the party is over!

3 comments:

  1. Rose! I loved this post! You are freaking hilarious! I totally laughed out loud about your description of the cupcakes you made - the part about gagging on the "nasty cupcakes." Too funny! I'm still laughing. :) Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really were the nastiest things i ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Happy Anniversary Rose (& Dave)!! And I can't believe that Connor is 7! Where has the time gone? I miss you guys - you've been gone way too much of that 7 years. I hope you plan on making that up to us.
    BTW, your cupcakes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete