CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

15 March 2011

FRAK YOU STUPID TREES

I laid off the stupid trees because it got old listening to the same thing over and over, right? Well I am back and I hate trees more than I ever did before. I am so done with the trees.

I wanna buy a forest just so I can destroy all the trees in it.

See we went for a drive out along the Columbia River on the historic highway, I like the river. David was telling us about this lookout called the Crown Point Vista House. We had never been and I wanted out for a little bit so we decided to go see this place. It was a rainy day but when isn't it, we live in frakin' Portland. We get there and the rain is coming down and the wind was blowing so hard we were being pushed around by it. The kids thought that was awesome. We were laughing having a grand old time. We couldn't see anything and it started to really come down so it was time to head home. We ran to the car laughing and trying to dodge the pelting rain.

About a mile down the road......a tree falls on us!

David was calm and in control, I was in shock ready to cry, Connor was yelling uncontrollably and Casey was hysterical.

All I remember is out of no where sticks and tree parts started to fall on us and within seconds there was a loud crack our car was struck and we were stuck on top of another tree that had fallen in front of us. The car was buried to the windows on the passenger side of the car. We were so scared we had no idea if it was over or if we were in for more.

So many people stopped to help. To all of them I say, Thank you.

When David said it was safe to get out we all exited the car on the driver side. Someone took me and the kids to his car so we could get out of the rain, it was very kind. It took a while for the kids to settle down and when they did I felt like it was my turn to cry, i didn't but I wanted to.

We had called AAA right away for a tow truck to come out and get us off of the tree. Before the tow truck came people stopped to help free the car from all the tree that could be moved. There was a lot of tree.

Two hours later David (who stayed outside the entire time) was soaked, we were cold and finally on our way home. We were very lucky we were able to drive the car home and we were even luckier none of us were at all hurt in the accident that the tree didn't go through the window. We were and are saying our thank you prayers to God.

I am still shocked it happened, I guess if anyone deserves to be pummeled by a tree it is me, I can't stand the things, but really! Casey doesn't want to go anywhere ever again and Connor very like his daddy is ready to make fun of what happened. The kids both got sick and I am sure it is from being out in the weather like we were.

Here a some pictures David took with his phone after most of the people left and the car was mostly cleared.










I think that is everything, I am still in shock, what can I say.

Logan...Out!
XOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are all okay! Holy smokes that is just aweful. Bad, nasty, horribble trees. I miss you and I wish I could come by for a visit...just to hang out and have a Twilight Movie marathon. Okay and doughnuts sound good too. Have you read the Hunger Game series? I bet you would love them. I am almost just as excited for the movie as I am for Breaking Dawn! Anyway miss you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you guys are ok! I think the Lorax did it (he heard what you have been saying about the trees!). love ya

    ReplyDelete