CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

14 March 2011

SCIENCE FAIR

On March 10th Hiteon Elementary School had the annual science fair. I very imprudently allowed my pen to fill out the form that Connor and Casey would be participating.

Okay really I signed them up because it always seems like a good idea at the time.

Well the kids were signed up and ready for science fun. David and I (David because whenever it is I it is us) were sure that daddy would take care of everything cause I'm not the scientist, right!

It was sometime, like maybe a week before on a Wednesday, I say to David, "Uhhhh you know the science fair is next week so you gotta get that junk done this Saturday." He looks at me like I started speaking Latin and says, What the? I said well I thought you were taking care of it, I don't have any idea what to do. After a very fun conversation David admits I am right and he should handle it. Saturday rolls around and we have a shopping list and three very excited and happy scientists!

The project they, but for the purposes of this blog will be referred to as "we" or "us", had decided on was to record the temperature of different liquids in 20 sec intervals for 6 min's to see which boils fastest. "We" had six different liquids: Apple Juice, Lemon Lime soda, Orange Juice, Water, Salt Water, and Ice Water.

So we begin.
The kids needed to make up a chart to record the data "we" were collecting and Connor was so excited to make up the chart!

told you there were three happy scientists!

Next it was time to measure and begin the process. Connor was first at the stove and Casey collected the temp every 20 secs.

measuring out 300 ml

Happy Casey! and her data

This is the contraption David created with some electrical tape and skewers to hold the thermometer in the liquids as they boiled
it was awesome!

Then the old switcheroo. Now was Casey's turn to measure and boil and she was excited!

happy Casey! measuring out

now boiling

Now that the experiment part was done it was time for "us" to record all of the collected data and make it into pretty graphs.

Con wanted to do it his own way.
He knew how to already.

If you didn't already know,
Casey is perfect!
David had no problem teaching her what to do.

Now that "we" had everything ready it was time to glue it to the poster board.

thanks for the help Kylie Rose!

March 10th came and the kids were so excited! The project which was titled, Time vs. Temp, turned out beautifully and I am so proud of my scientists.

in the school gym ready to answer any questions you have!

I was so proud of them, they loved it and are ready for another project. As we all left the school that night I was so glad it was over while David and the kids were planning for next years project.

sigh, yea?!

Go Science!

Logan...Out
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment